Approved Document E states that the sound insulation testing body should be either a member of the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC) and have joined their PCT registration scheme or be registered testers with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
Choosing an accredited company under these schemes gives you the peace of mind that your reports will be accepted by all local authorities, building control and national guarantee companies.
By using an ANC member registered under the PCT registration scheme, such as Soundguard Acoustics Ltd, then you will receive a full report including instruction for your Building Control Officer for accessing the secure online testing certificates for your build. Our company, Soundguard Acoustics, will also liaise with and release the report directly to your BCO if required to ensure that they are satisfied with the test selection.
What if I use an unregistered company?
Don’t! The quality and validity of the testing and results may be questionable and may not be accepted by the necessary approval bodies. It is likely that your BCO will ask for further or repeated testing by an accredited test company to validate the results. This will result in delay for your project and further payment to the accredited test company.