What do I need to know about building acoustics?
Building acoustics, whether your project is a simple flat conversion or a major commercial development, getting the sound insulation design ‘correct from the start’ is essential. We can assist in achieving sound insulation design to meet the Approved Document E (2003) testing guidance, your reverberation targets or BREEAM and BS8233 interior ambient noise levels. We will assist in creating building that are fit for purpose, to avoid potential failures at project completion which are catastrophic for the developer resulting in escalating costs & project delay.
Should I be worried about sound testing?
For residential building acoustics, it is paramount to get things right in the early stages. Especially in meeting pre-completion sound insulation testing standards to Approved Document E (2003) of the Building Regulations. A building acoustics sound test failure at this stage can be catastrophic for the builder or developer leading to escalating costs & project delay.
Will you help me meet Building Control regulations?
Sure! Soundguard Acoustics Ltd can assist with initial sound test design; guide you through the minefield of ‘sound-proofing materials’ & advise in designing structural wall, floor & ceiling configurations that will meet Building Regulation standards. Soundguard Acoustics Ltd is not connected with any materials suppliers so we will only suggest the building acoustics materials which we think will do the job and at the best price for your budget.
Sounds good, what now?
Contact us today on 01237 478142 and make everything sound just right.
- Building Regulation Approved Doc E advice
- Review of architectural plans
- Party floor sound insulation design
- Party wall sound insulation design
- Bastian, Insul & ISO 9613 building modelling software
- Correspondence with Building Control Officers
- Sound testing & online certification
- Sound proofing materials advice
- Site visits to check workmanship & installation
- Reverberation design for buildings
- Accredited sound testers & insured
- Cost effective sensible advice